Company: Job Openings
Healy, AlaskaPosted 03/27/2017
Usibelli Coal Mine, Inc. (UCM) is seeking an experienced Journeyman Electrician. This position is a member of the electrical maintenance crew at the mine located in Healy, Alaska.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Installing conduit
- Installing and terminating general purpose power and lighting circuits and mineral insulated cables
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and correcting electrical problems in production and support equipment
- Installing, removing, repairing, overhauling and testing electrical equipment
- Installing, removing and repairing switchgear, transformers, starters, controllers, capacitors, etc.
- Reading electrical and related blueprints.
- Working to meet current electrical codes and company policy and practices
- Journeyman Electrician with mining experience level of 2
- Individual shall be familiar with the installation of Motor Control Centers, Programmable Logic Controllers, and Uninterruptible Power Supply Systems
- Previous experience with the use of low, medium, & high voltage testing equipment, such as Fluke multi meters, and Meggers is recommended
- Dragline electrical experience is a plus.
- Work independently and have experience in a mining environment
- Pass a post-offer physical and drug test.
- Have or obtain an MSHA Surface Coal Mining Electrical Certification green card within 120-days of date of hire as a condition of employment.
Please complete and submit the employment application, as well as, resume and salary requirements to:
Usibelli Coal Mine, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 1000
Healy, AK 99743
You may also email the documents to: email@example.com.
Usibelli Coal Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA.
UCM Employment Application Form
Please print and send to UCM HR by email, fax or postal mailPosted 02/13/2017
2017 Summer Reclamation Internships
Healy, AlaskaPosted 02/13/2017
Applications will be accepted through April 7, 2017 and successful applicants will be notified by April 14.
Plant trees, shrubs and grass on regraded mine land
Assist with construction of silt fences, placing sediment control barriers, water sampling, removing trash, and collecting native seeds
Support engineering department with a variety of administrative duties, such as data collection, photocopying, mine tour logistics, and other reclamation projects
Takes a proactive approach to safety, understand and utilize safe work practices by working safely and following safe operating practices
Have a high level of initiative and take responsibility for timely completion of all assigned work
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently on assigned tasks and display initiative in completing assigned tasks. This is a manual labor intensive position. A valid Alaska drivers license is required for this position. Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Attendance at an accredited two or four-year college, university or trade school in the fall of 2017 is required.
- Successful candidates must pass a post-offer physical and drug test. The position is anticipated to begin in mid May and end in September 2017. The work schedule is Monday through Thursday from 6:30 AM to 5 PM.
NOTE: Local qualified residents who have lived for a period of twelve (12) months in Healy, Cantwell, Nenana, or points in between will have preference for hire. Please download and complete the Usibelli Coal Mine application and return to Matt Nelson; firstname.lastname@example.org, UCM Human Resource Director.
Usibelli Coal Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer